Since I ran out of my NG rose & persimmon conditioner, I’ve been experimenting with my bottle of Oyin Handmade’s Honey Hemp conditioner. So far, I’ve got a little crush.
- yummy fruity scent
- simple ingredient list [water, organic aloe vera gel, behentremonium methosulfate (emulsifier derived from colza oil) honey, coconut oil, hemp oil, vegetable glycerine, hydrolyzed silk, citrus essences, fragrance, preservative, and love!]
- the price isn’t too bad ($11.00 for 8 oz)
- it does make my hair feel like its taken a long, refreshing drink of water
- a little too runny for my taste
- I have to apply a bit more than usual in order to get the seaweed-y feel
- Oyin can be a little late with their orders
- short shelf life (4-6 mos)
Yesterday, I washed with my CV carrot milk and honey bar, did a white vinegar rinse, and liberally applied the honey hemp throughout my hair. I rinsed out upside down and scrunched in mass amounts of my homemade FSG. The result? At my nephew’s baptism yesterday, I had 3 women ask me what I do to my hair to make it look so wavy. +1 to the honey hemp! However, by the end of the day, the definition I had earlier was sorely lacking, a bit of frizz started to kick in, and my waves looked a little stringier than usual. -0.5 for that.
In order to make my 8 oz. bottle last a bit longer, I mixed about a nickel’s worth with AOHR for each side and raked through. My hair felt like seaweed immediately! Not only that, but when I scrunched in my FSG, I had clumps like crazy. +1.5!!
My hair is still drying so we’ll see how it holds up after the crunch has been scrunched out.